We seek partners/investors (and interns) to live on the farm or off. Read the ad here.
If you like what we’re about – Please donate to help us continue our various projects: Via secure Paypal (click on the orange “Donate” button above), email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a cheque (payable to Greenshire Eco Farms, 1563 Pigeon Lake Road, Lindsay, ON K9V 4R5).
Rediscover your intuition and innate wisdom.
Come for HORSEPLAY — non-riding fun with horses. Learn leadership skills, how to handle anger, fear & stress, and be strong and confident in the world. The horse is your teacher and partner!
|Read about OUR FEATURED SPONSOR:|
Welcome to Greenshire Eco Farms
We are pleased to be one of the host sites again this year for:
Kawartha Farmfest (the annual City of Kawartha Lakes self-guided driving tour)
Saturday, October 4, 2014
$5 for adults and free for kids (under the age of 14)
10am – 4pm
What can you expect to see and do? Have an in-depth tour and explanation of our permaculture gardens, see how a chicken tractor works, check out our experimental earth-sheltered greenhouse, stroll past the butterfly garden, meet our pet pot-bellied pigs, learn about our rescued red-eared slider turtles and why it is so important they do not get released into the wild, watch a natural-horsemanship demonstration, learn about horse safety and natural horse-keeping, pet and groom our rescue pony and miniature donkey, learn about our Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning programs…
There is something to see and do for all ages!
From June 15 through October 12, 2014, our regular tours are Sundays at 2 pm. For off-season tours, please contact us: email@example.com
Admission: Adults $10; students and seniors $6; pre-schoolers free.
Testimonials from previous guests:
“Greenshire is the best kept secret in the city of Kawartha Lakes!”
“I really enjoyed the connection with the horses — communication through energy and body language is so effectively peaceful…. it seems to slow the world down.”
“I liked learning that mushrooms can be grown in trees. The fact that mulch can prevent weeds was awesome! I liked everything about this trip… it was awesome!!!”
On our website you can learn about:
- Our co-operatively owned farm business and how to join us on our journey by becoming a farm member, investor, Healing Horse Centre supporter, or customer. We are currently seeking “slow money” investors and/or new partners. Read the ad here. Phone 705-879-4207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Purchasing our sustainably grown produce, prepared food, wild edibles and worm compost fertilizer.
- Permaculture and the variety of alternative gardening methods we are experimenting with.
- Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning (FEEL) workshops — non-riding, equine-assisted learning for humans who want to make positive changes in their lives and achieve their potential.
- The development of our Healing Horse Centre ~ a place where horses and humans heal each other.
- Naturalized, innovative horse-keeping methods
- Attending or hosting a workshop in our on-site classroom. See Events.
- Applying to become a farm intern or volunteer.
- Participating in our sustainable building projects.
- Many more exciting, creative, fun, and sustainable ideas/projects to come!
Contact us to find out more: 705-879-4207 or email@example.com
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK – CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINKS: