We seek partners/investors to live on the farm or off. A large room in the main house is available to rent now (December 2013). Read the ad here.
If you like what we’re about – Please donate to help us continue our various projects: Via secure Paypal (click on the orange “Donate” button above), email transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a cheque (payable to Greenshire Eco Farms, 1563 Pigeon Lake Road, Lindsay, ON K9V 4R5).
Fundraiser for our Healing Horse Centre
Rediscover your intuition and innate wisdom.
Come for HORSEPLAY — non-riding fun with horses. Learn leadership skills, how to handle anger, fear & stress, and be strong and confident in the world. The horse is your teacher and partner!
|Read about OUR FEATURED SPONSORS:|
Welcome to Greenshire Eco Farms and Healing Horse Centre
Thanks for visiting our website. We are having financial difficulty feeding our herd of FEEL horses as we’ve never recovered from losing our hay field to the Slaframine fungus in 2012, which can continue to contaminate the field for several years. Therefore, we have to buy all our hay. We need your help. Please donate now so we can keep and feed these animals that play such a crucial role in human emotional health via our FEEL programs. We gratefully receive donations — no amount is too small — via secure Paypal, email transfer to email@example.com or mail a cheque (payable to Greenshire Eco Farms, 1563 Pigeon Lake Road, Lindsay, ON K9V 4R5). Thank you!
From May through October annually, come to the farm on Sundays for tours of our award-winning permaculture gardens (other days available by appointment). See our growing food forests and how you can replicate our methods on your urban or rural property. Meet some of our rescue horses and watch demos of equine-assisted learning (FEEL) combined with natural horsemanship. Discover the science behind how horses teach people about their subconscious behaviours, improving your relationships.
Admission: Adults $10; students and seniors $6; pre-schoolers free.
From May through October, Sunday tours are at 1 pm or 3 pm. Your choice! For off-season tours, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What can you expect to see and do? Have an in-depth tour and explanation of our permaculture gardens, see how a chicken tractor works, check out our experimental earth-sheltered greenhouse, stroll past the butterfly garden, meet our pet pot-bellied pigs, learn about our rescued red-eared slider turtles and why it is so important they do not get released into the wild, watch a natural-horsemanship demonstration, learn about horse safety and natural horse-keeping, pet and groom our rescue pony and miniature donkey, learn about our Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning programs…
There is something to see and do for all ages!
Testimonials from previous guests:
“Greenshire is the best kept secret in the city of Kawartha Lakes!”
“I really enjoyed the connection with the horses — communication through energy and body language is so effectively peaceful…. it seems to slow the world down.”
“I liked learning that mushrooms can be grown in trees. The fact that mulch can prevent weeds was awesome! I liked everything about this trip… it was awesome!!!”
On our website you can learn about:
- Our co-operatively owned farm business and how to join us on our journey by becoming a farm member, investor, Healing Horse Centre supporter, or customer. We are currently seeking “slow money” investors and/or new partners. Read the ad here. Phone 705-879-4207 or email email@example.com for information.
- Purchasing our sustainably grown produce, prepared food, wild edibles and worm compost fertilizer.
- Permaculture and the variety of alternative gardening methods we are experimenting with.
- Facilitated Equine Experiential Learning (FEEL) workshops — non-riding, equine-assisted learning for humans who want to make positive changes in their lives and achieve their potential.
- The development of our Healing Horse Centre ~ a place where horses and humans heal each other.
- Naturalized, innovative horse-keeping methods
- Attending or hosting a workshop in our on-site classroom. See Events.
- Applying to become a farm intern or volunteer.
- Participating in our sustainable building projects.
- Many more exciting, creative, fun, and sustainable ideas/projects to come!
Contact us to find out more: 705-879-4207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK – CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINKS: